ATP Review Courses, Seminars, Workshops
ATP Fundamentals Course Overview
Led by a RESNA authorized instructor and current ATP, this training seminar provides a comprehensive review of assistive technology concepts and industry best practices, covering the 5 domains of the ATP Body of Knowledge (ATBOK):
- ASSESSMENT OF NEED
- DEVELOPMENT OF INTERVENTION STRATEGIES - ACTION PLAN
- IMPLEMENTATION OF INTERVENTION (ONCE FUNDED)
- EVALUATION OF INTERVENTION (FOLLOW-UP)
- PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT
Several types of activities are used throughout the course to reinforce topics and increase knowledge retention. These activities include open ended questions from the instructor to the students, matching and poll questions, group activities, open/closed questions, and group discussions. This interactive learning technique is based on sound adult learning theories.
RESNA, the creator of the Assistive Technology Body of Knowledge (ATBOK) has recently refreshed its ATP Fundamentals Course, and will not only be offering public and private onsite courses, but will now be holding online instructor-led courses designed as a convenient, cost-efficient and effective way for busy AT professionals to participate.
- Official RESNA courseware
- Taught by an authorized RESNA instructor and current ATP
- Collaboration with classmates
- Real-world learning activities and scenarios
- Access to online Practice Exam - complete with diagnostic scoring
This training course will help candidates review and refresh their assistive technology knowledge and help identify areas they need to study for the ATP exam.