Friday, October 21, 2016 - 11:00am
RESNA 2017 is still accepting submissions, due April 7th, 2017. Link to Call for Proposals
RESNA 2017 is June 26-30, 2017 at the Hilton Riverside in New Orleans, LA.
The conference will include:
- Clinically-focused workshop sessions
- Scientific research platform and poster sessions
- Professional development and leadership training
- Interactive exhibits with free public hours
- Networking events
- Student competitions
- Instructional courses, including RESNA's Fundamentals in Assistive Technology course
Conference organizers are seeking proposals for innovative, interdisciplinary, informative and practical workshops and instructional courses in the following topic areas:
- Computer applications and communications
- Cognitive and sensory impairments
- Internationally appropriate technology
- Job and environmental accommodation
- Emerging technology
- Service delivery and outcomes
- Public policy and advocacy
- Seating and mobility, including complex rehab technology
While any topic will be considered in the “Other” category, conference organizers are particularly interested in the psychosocial aspects associated with accepting assistive technologies at different stages of life and for different diagnoses; serving baby-boomers; assistive technology and end-of-life issues; grant writing and how to identify partners and resources; strategies for cognitive rehab, and aging into multiple disabilities.
For more information, visit 2017 RESNA Conference.