Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 4:30pm
RESNA, the Rehabilitation Engineering & Assistive Technology Society of North America, announced today the final approved board nominations by incoming President Ray Grott, MA, ATP, RET. Joining the board are:
- Patricia Bahr, MSE, ATP RET as Treasurer; Bahr is a rehabilitation engineer at the Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare in St. Paul, MN.
- Meghan Donahue, MS, ATP as a board member; Donahue is a rehabilitation engineer at the Stout Vocational Rehabilitation Institute in Menomonie, WI.
- Patricia Karg, MSBME as a board member; Karg is a rehabilitation engineer at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Jamie Arasz Prioli, ATP; Prioli is with Pennsylvania’s Initiative on Assistive Technology.
- Maria Luisa Toro Hernandez, ATP; Hernandez is with the University of Pittsburgh.
They join the previously announced, newly- elected board members:
- Roger O. Smith, PhD, OT, FAOTA is elected to fill the position of President-Elect; he has served the past two years as a board member.
- Maureen Linden, MS, is elected as Secretary; she has served the past year as a board member, and has been the chair of the Student Design Competition.
- Barbara Crane, PhD, PT, ATP/SMS is elected to the board; she is a RESNA Fellow and has also served as a RESNA course instructor.
- Rajesh Pagadala, MSBME, ATP, RET is elected to the board; he has been serving as the Special Interest Groups Chair, and will continue in that position. He has also been appointed to the Executive Committee as the At Large Member.
- Julie Piriano, PT, ATP/SMS is elected to the board; she has been serving as a member of RESNA’s Professional Standards Board.
Continuing service on the board are Alex Mihailidis, PhD, P.Eng as Immediate Past President; Denis Anson, MS, OTR; Anne Cronin, PhD, OTR/L; Heidi Horstmann Koester, PhD; and Lauren Rosen, PT, MPT, MSMS, ATP/SMS.
Leaving the board after finishing their terms are Jerry Weisman, MSME, ATP, RET, Immediate Past President, and board members Jennifer Boger, PEng, MASc, BASc; Clayton Lewis, PhD; Amanda Reinsfelder, MS, ATP; and Richard Simpson, PhD, ATP.
For more information, including bios and pictures, please click here to visit the Board of Directors page.