General references that may be used as exam preparation resources for the Seating and Mobility Specialist Certification.
- "Assistive Technologies, Principles and Practice. 4th edition" (2015). Cook, A.M., Polgar, J. Mosby (Elsevier), St. Louis, MO.
- "Fundamentals in Assistive Technology, 4th edition," RESNA Press, Michelle Lange editor
"Seating and Wheeled Mobility: A Clinical Resource Guide" Michelle Lange; Jean Minkel.
- Promo code "RESNA20" will give a 20% discount off the book when purchased directly from SLACK Books
- Chapter 31: The prescription wheelchair: an orthotic device. Physical Rehabilitation Assessment and Treatment, 3rd ed., (pp 685-704).Bergen, A. F. (1994).S. O’Sullivan (ed.), Philadelphia: F. A. Davis Company.
- "Spinal Cord Injuries: Management and Rehabilitation" Erica Druin, Martha Macht, Ph.D. Sliwinski, Sue Ann Sisto , Sue Ann, Ph.D.
- Preservation of Upper Limb Function Following Spinal Cord Injury: A Clinical Practice Guideline for Health-Care Professionals, Paralyzed Veterans of America Consortium for Spinal Cord Medicine, J Spinal Cord Med. 2005; 28(5): 434–470.
- A framework for the conceptual modeling of assistive technology device outcomes. Disability and Rehabilitation, 25(22), 2003, Fuhrer MJ, Jutai JW, Scherer MJ, DeRuyter F.
- Special Seating: An Illustrated Guide, Zollars, J. A.
- Light Touch. Advance for Directors in Rehabilitation. Cooper, R., Schmeler, M. Cooper, R. (2001)
- ANSI/RESNA WC-19 Wheelchair Transportation Standard (2000).
- Standards for Neurological Classification of SCI Worksheet (Dermatome Chart), 2011, at www.asia-spinalinjury.org
- RESNA Code of Ethics, Standards of Practice
- Lee Kirby’s power wheelchair training information: www.wheelchairskillsprogram.ca
- Braden scale for predicting pressure sore risk: www.bradenscale.com
- Wheelchairnet.org: http://www.wheelchairnet.org
Out of Print Books that may be useful
- Engstrom, B. 2002. Ergonomic Seating. A true challenge. Posturalis Books: Sweden. *note: This book is out of print.
- Boninger, M. Baldwin, M., Cooper, R. (May, 2000). Manual Wheelchair Pushrim Biomechanics and Axle Position *note: This book is out of print. An electronic copy may be available on Google Books.