SUBMISSIONS FOR 2020 OPEN THIS FALL
The RESNA Student Design Challenge (SDC) is an annual competition that showcases creative and innovative assistive technology designs that help people with disabilities function more independently. Student teams represent a wide variety of disciplines including mechanical, electrical, and biomedical engineering; computer information science; architecture; and physical and occupational therapy. Entries are judged on originality, quality of design, and usefulness to persons with disabilities. SDC winners have frequently moved on to become leaders in the field of assistive technology. Only undergraduate and masters level graduate students currently enrolled in a college or university are eligible to apply.
Once completed, please submit the material to the RESNA 2020 Conference Submission Portal.
Papers must be submitted online via the RESNA Conference Paper Submission CMT Site no later than March 27th, 2020 at 11:59 PM EDT.
- Finalist teams win a trip for two members to travel to the RESNA Annual Conference and a free one-year membership to RESNA.
- Students showcase their designs to an international audience at the conference, gaining access to contacts and connections to start a career in assistive technology.
- Cash prizes and more awarded to top designs.
- All entries are posted and promoted on the website and through social media.
- First place: $1,000
- Second place: $700
- Third Place: $300
TREAT prize (Technology Most Likely to Become Commercially Available)
- $500 (RESNA will provide the cash prize directly to the award recipient) and product development consultation
To visit the Student Design Challenge's website archive and Read about our past winners, visit...
- RESNA 2012 Student Design Challenge TREAT Award Winner, "What Engineering Heaven Looks Like"
For questions about the Student Design Challenge, contact the RESNA 2020 Conference Committee’s Student Design Committee Chair
For additional RESNA 2020 Conference questions, contact email@example.com