DEADLINE for Student Design Competition Submission is TBD
RESNA 2019 Conference Proposals are opening. Selected Conference Pre-Conference Instructional Courses (AKA RehabWeek Workshops), RESNA Workshops/Symposia, and Scientific Papers will be presented between June 24-28, 2019
Forms to complete
Biographical/ speaker information
The RESNA Student Design Competition (SDC) is an annual competition that showcases creative and innovative assistive technology designs that help people with disabilities function more independently. Student teams represent a wide variety of disciplines including mechanical, electrical, and biomedical engineering; computer information science; architecture; and physical and occupational therapy. Entries are judged on originality, quality of design, and usefulness to persons with disabilities. SDC winners have frequently moved on to become leaders in the field of assistive technology. Only undergraduate and masters level graduate students currently enrolled in a college or university are eligible to apply.
Also, the RERC on AAC is holding a compeition. Their prize allows for a finalist berth in RESNA's Student Design Competition
Once completed, please submit the material to the RESNA 2019 Conference Submission Portal (TBD)
- Finalist teams win a trip for two members to travel to the RESNA Annual Conference and a free one-year membership to RESNA.
- Students showcase their designs to an international audience at the conference, gaining access to contacts and connections to start a career in assistive technology.
- Cash prizes and more awarded to top designs.
- All entries are posted and promoted on a competition website and through social media.
- First place: $1,000
- Second place: $700
- Third Place: $300
TREAT prize (Technology Most Likely to Become Commercially Available)
- $500 and product development consultation
To visit the Student Design Competition's website archive and Read about our past winners, visit...
- RESNA 2012 Student Design Competition TREAT Award Winner, "What Engineering Heaven Looks Like"
For questions about the Student Design Competition, contact the RehabWeek 2019/ RESNA 2019 Conference Committee’s Student Design Committee Chair
For additional RehabWeek 2019/ RESNA 2019 Conference questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org