RESNA 2018 Student Design Competition
This year's Student Design Competition (SDC) is scheduled for Friday, July 13th at 10:30 AM. Finalists will be listed here once the Review Committee has finished.
The finalists will present at..
- The Student Design Competition in the Washington B Ballroom Level, and
- The Developers Showcase at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City Hotel.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
Submissions for the RESNA 2018 Student Design Competition are closed
DEADLINE for Student Design Competition was Friday, April 13, 2018 at 11:59PM ET
The RESNA Student Design Competition (SDC) is an annual competition that showcases creative and innovative assistive technology designs that help people with disabilities function more independently. Student teams represent a wide variety of disciplines including mechanical, electrical, and biomedical engineering; computer information science; architecture; and physical and occupational therapy. Entries are judged on originality, quality of design, and usefulness to persons with disabilities. SDC winners have frequently moved on to become leaders in the field of assistive technology. Only undergraduate and masters level graduate students currently enrolled in a college or university are eligible to apply.
Also, the RERC on AAC is holding a compeition. Their prize allows for a finalist berth in RESNA's Student Design Competition
Once completed, please submit the material to the RESNA 2018 Conference Submission Portal
- Finalist teams win a trip for two members to travel to the RESNA Annual Conference and a free one-year membership to RESNA.
- Students showcase their designs to an international audience at the conference, gaining access to contacts and connections to start a career in assistive technology.
- Cash prizes and more awarded to top designs.
- All entries are posted and promoted on a competition website and through social media.
- First place: $1,000
- Second place: $700
- Third Place: $300
TREAT prize (Technology Most Likely to Become Commercially Available)
- $500 and product development consultation
To visit the Student Design Competition's website archive and Read about our past winners, visit...
- RESNA 2017 Student Design Competition winners announced
- RESNA 2016 Student Design Competition Participants announced
- RESNA 2015 Student Design Competition winners announced
- RESNA 2014 Student Design Competition, University of Toledo places first
- RESNA 2013 Student Design Competition TREAT Award Winner, "Catching the Design Bug"
- RESNA 2012 Student Design Competition TREAT Award Winner, "What Engineering Heaven Looks Like"
For questions about the Student Design Competition, contact the 2018 RESNA Conference Committee’s Student Design Committee Chair
For additional 2018 RESNA Conference questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org