Toronto, Ontario is served by a major rail hub and several commuter options, including light rail, bus service, and streetcars.
Toronto Union Station: Toronto’s first Union Station was a passenger rail station located west of York Street at Station Street, south of Front Street in downtown Toronto. It was built by the Grand Trunk Railway and opened in 1858.
- Address: 65 Front St W, Toronto, ON M5J 1E6, Canada
- Province: Ontario
- Phone: +1 888-842-7245
- For more information, please contact email@example.com
Union Station’s revitalization is under way, and will be fully compliant with the Ontario Building Code, making it barrier-free and accessible to all. Once complete, the revitalization will result in the following:
- A barrier-free path of travel throughout the facility from a designated barrier-free entrance
- Dedicated elevators or ramps serving every primary pedestrian path that provides access to and from the VIA concourse, GO concourses, TTC or any of the adjoining buildings and streets
- Elevators and ramps placed as close to the primary pedestrian paths as possible
- Better signage and lighting that meet modern accessibility requirements
- Washrooms with barrier-free accommodations
Metrolinx: A Crown agency that manages and integrates road and public transport in the Golden Horseshoe region, which includes the cities of Toronto and Hamilton, in the province of Ontario in Canada. Headquartered in Union Station in Toronto, the organization was created by the Government of Ontario as the "Greater Toronto Transportation Authority"
- Tel: +1 416-874-5900
Hours of operation:
GO Transit: A regional public transit system serving the Golden Horseshoe region of Ontario, Canada. With its hub at Union Station in Toronto, GO Transit’s distinctive green and white trains and buses serve a population of more than seven million
- Tel: +1 416-869-3200 Toronto (local calling area)
- Toll- Free: +1 888-GET-ON-GO (438-6646)
- TTY: +1 800-387-3652
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Weekends and holidays: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Link Transit: An automated people mover (APM) at Toronto Pearson International Airport in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. The wheelchair-accessible train runs 24 hours a day, seven days a week and is completely free-of-charge to ride.
- Tel: +1 509-662-1155
Hours of operation: Monday - Friday 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM, Saturday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
Union Pearson Express: UP Express departs from both Union Station and Toronto Pearson International Airport every 15 minutes. Your journey takes just 25 minutes; it's the swiftest and most reliable way to travel. UP Express offers special assistance at Union Station and Pearson airport only.
- Tel: +1 844-GET-ON-UP (+1 844-438-6687). Guests requiring special assistance at Union Station should call at least one day prior to their trip, to help ensure UP Express staff are fully equipped to handle your needs.
- Airport Customer Assistance Program (ACAP): +1 877-297-ACAP (+1 877-297-2227). For guests requiring special assistance at Toronto Pearson International Airport.
- Please note: UP Express does not offer baggage handling services. Guests requiring assistance with baggage may request Porter Service from Toronto Pearson International Airport.