RESNA continues to grow its continuing education offerings with a new "AT in Education" webinar series for assistive technology professionals working in the K-12 school setting. In order to promote this new focus, the first two webinars in the series are being offered for free to both members and non-members. The two free webinars are:
- Going Google! Chrome Apps and Extensions to Support Struggling Learners - Monday, November 17 at 3pm ET with instructor Diana Petschauer, M.Ed, ATP and Founder/CEO of Assistive Technology for Education, LLC and Access4Employment LLC. This webinar will present several apps and extensions to support literacy and executive function, and they are free to download right in the Chrome web store. Read more
- Creating Assistive Technology in Minutes for the School - Monday, December 8 at 3pm ET with instructor Dr. Therese Willkomm, Assistant Professor in the Department of Occupational Therapy and the Director of New Hampshire’s State Assistive Technology Program with the Institute on Disability at the University of New Hampshire. This webinar will discuss and demonstrate how to use everyday items in extraordinary ways to support students with disabilities. Read more
RESNA is authorized by IACET to provide 0.1 CEUs per webinar. The other upcoming webinars scheduled in the series so far are:
- iPad Apps for Foundational Literacy Skills and Language Development: Application and Implementation - on Tuesday, December 9 at 5pm ET
- iPad Apps to Support Students with Math, Pre-K to 12 - on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at 5pm ET
- Now You're an iPad Ninja! The Best iPad Apps for All Students, Including Those Who Struggle with Literacy and Math - Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 3pm ET
To see the list of webinars, and to register, please click here.
Webinars cost $28 for RESNA members and $40 for non-members.