RESNA's The International Special Interest Group (SIG) is a forum for RESNA members who are interested in networking, providing services, and conducting research relative to Assistive Technology outside of North America. The International SIG is holding it's next meeting on Tuesday, April 30th at 2 PM EDT. A recording will be made available for those unable to attend due to timing.
- CALL TO ORDER
- ROLL CALL
- OLD BUSINESS
- NEW BUSINESS
- NEXT MEETING
SIG activity summary:
- Translating position papers to Spanish
- Spanish language recruitment brochure
- Participated in Super-SIG/PSG monthly foncons
- ABRIDEF Brazilian training & certification event
- ISWP Professional Standards Board
- Sponsored ISS International Breakfast
- Retransmitting selected WHO GATE broadcasts
- Creation of 24-7 posture management committee headed by Tamara Kittelson-Aldred
RESNA annual Conference:
- Toronto June 25-27 (SIG meeting, 24-7 posture, elections)
- RESNA welcome team available.
- 24-7 Posture Management Committee: Tamara Kittelson-Aldred describes objectives, status of committee and plans for future
- Request volunteer(s) to help update the SIG homepage.
- Request volunteer(s) to participate in Latam Spanish & Portuguese FMA implementation
- Request volunteer(s) to explore availability of money. Funds to subsidize student attendance to RESNA conference, other purposes
Jon Pearlman's ideas:
- Less-resourced country volunteer opportunities
- Student design competition
- Request to spread the word about ISWP products/services/SMART integration tool
- Power & uniqueness of the International SIG: Neglected. Let’s use it till they stop us!
- Group discussion and other new business
- In Toronto, Canada, June 26-27
- Frequency of video conferences?
- Other languages?
- Other time zones?
- You be the host?