For over 30 years, the RESNA Student Design Competition has showcased creative and innovative assistive technology designs that help people with disabilities function more independently.
Entries are judged on originality, quality of design, and usefulness to persons with disabilities. Several leaders in the field of rehabilitation engineering and assistive technology have gotten their start through this competition. Semi-finalist teams are invited to the RESNA annual conference, where final judging takes place. Every student design competition submission is available on the RESNA Student Design Competition website, where anyone can view the designs in detail, provide feedback, ask questions, and contact the designers directly.
Registration for the competition is approximately a 4 month window from the late fall through early spring. Both students and consumers benefit from this cross-disciplinary competition. Please visit here for more informaiton on how to submit.
(To Be Announced...)
- Semi-finalist teams win a trip for two members to travel to the RESNA Annual Conference and a free, one-year membership to RESNA.
- Students showcase their designs to an international audience at the conference, gaining access to contacts and connections to start a career in assistive technology.
- All entries are posted and promoted on a competition website and through social media.
- Cash prizes and more awarded to top designs.
- First place: $1,000
- Second place: $700
- Third Place: $300
TREAT PRIZE (TECHNOLOGY MOST LIKELY TO BECOME COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE)
- $500 and product development consultation