RESNA Awards recognize individuals and organizations for their contributions to the field of assistive technology and rehabilitation engineering, and to the RESNA organization. These awards honor members of our large and diverse community of dedicated professionals who are committed to promoting the health and well-being of people with disabilities through the use of technology.
- Fellow- The Fellow Award recognizes a member who has made long term and substantial contributions to the field of rehabilitation and assistive technology as well as significant contributions to RESNA.
- Honorary Fellow- The Honorary Fellow Award recognizes a non-member who has promoted issues and demonstrated leadership highly relevant tothe field of assistive technology and rehabilitation engineering and who have encouraged the independence of individuals with disabilities.
- Distinguished Service - The Distinguished Service Awards recognizes a member for their sustained contributions and service to RESNA and the field of assistive technology and rehabilitation engineering.
- Leadership - The Leadership Award recognizes an agency, company, association, or university for their significant contributions to the advancement of the field of assistive technology and rehabilitation engineering and who have provided recognition and support for RESNA.
- Sam McFarland Memorial Mentor - The Mentor Award recognizes a member or a group of members who has influenced, counseled,and nurtured others in the field of rehabilitation engineering and assistivetechnology.
- Emerging Leader - RESNA Emerging Leader Awards recognize newer members who have made significant contributions, provided leadership, and have made an impact to RESNA during their first several years of active participation.
- Colin McLaurin Distinguished Lectureship- This award recognizes a scholar and leader who has made substantial and innovative contributions to the field of rehabilitation engineering and assistive technology through research, education, and/or practice. Colin McLaurin Distinguished Lecturer awardees have added significantly to the body of knowledge in the field
Hall of Fellows