REHABILITATION ENGINEERING AND ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION COMMITTEE ON ACCREDITATION
The Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Education Committee on Accreditation (CoA RATE) continues to evaluate the situation related to the Coronavirus/COVID-19 and its potential impact to academic programs. To learn more, visit News about CoA-RATE Accredited Programs.
The Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Education Committee on Accreditation (CoA RATE), in conjunction with the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), has launched an accreditation program through which academic administrators can demonstrate the quality of their educational program by satisfying the criteria for accreditation. The standards for accreditation and an outline of the steps in the accreditation application process can be found on CAAHEP's CoA RATE webpage.
CoA RATE completed its first review of accreditation applications in June 2017. To be eligible for upcoming reviews, interested programs must:
- Submit the "Request for Accreditation Services" form
- Then submit the completed self-study report and curriculum map to the RESNA contact.
All future requests for accreditation services must be submitted by the 1st Wednesday and self-studies by the 3rd Wednesday of the current month to be reviewed during that month. All forms submitted after will be reviewed the subsequent month.
Andrea Van Hook, Executive Director
(202) 367-1121 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Initial Application: $2,500
- First Year Accreditation Fee: $1,000
- Annual Maintenance Fee: $1,200 plus $100 for each additional program at an accredited institution
- Additional Processing Fee (if paperwork is late or otherwise delayed): $200
- Inactive Fee: $800
- Site Visit Fees: At cost, generally within $3000 - $5000; contact RESNA for quote
List of Programs: Listing of the CoA-RATE Accredited Programs.
Testimonials: Read Testimonials about being a part of an Accredited Program
News: News about CoA-RATE Accredited Programs.