Date: Monday, July 20, 2020
Category: Member News
Media Contact: Andrea Van Hook
July 20, 2020, Washington, DC – RESNA, the Rehabilitation Engineering & Assistive Technology Society of North America, announced today the results of the annual board elections. The new officers who will start their terms on August 1st are:
- President-Elect: Carmen DiGiovine, PhD, ATP/SMS, RET; Dr. DiGiovine is a Rehabilitation Engineer and Clinical Associate Professor in the Occupational Therapy Division-School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences at The Ohio State University. He will serve a two-year term as President-Elect, and then move into the position of President.
- Secretary: Rita Stanley; Ms. Stanley is Vice President of Sunrise Medical. She will serve a two-year term as Secretary of the Board.
The following individuals were elected to three-year terms as board members:
- Anne Cronin, PhD, OTR/L; Dr. Cronin is Professor of Human Performance and Applied Exercise Science at West Virginia University. A long-time RESNA member, she previously served on the board from 2013-2016.
- Mary Goldberg, PhD; Dr. Goldberg is Associate Professor at the Human Engineering Research Laboratories and teaches in the Department of Rehabilitation Science and Technology at the University of Pittsburgh. She previously served as inaugural chair of Committee on Accreditation for Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology academic programs, which is sponsored by RESNA.
- Perry Loh, MBA, ATP; Mr. Loh is founder and CEO of Loh Medical (www.lohmedical.com), a provider of physical rehabilitation equipment and assistive technology devices in Latin America. He was appointed to the RESNA board in 2019. He is also chair of RESNA’s International SIG.
Maureen Linden, MS, will step into the role of President on August 1, 2020, while Mary Ellen Buning, PhD, OT, ATP/SMS will become Immediate Past-President. Additional board appointments will be announced in the coming weeks.