Our mission is to define, support, and promote the roles of rehabilitation engineers, technologists and technicians in research and development, education, manufacturing, and service delivery.
Rehabilitation Engineers & Technologists White Paper (PDF)
- Define the roles, and publish competencies, of the rehab technologist and the rehab engineer.
- Develop a marketing plan and promote the rehabilitation technologist and rehabilitation engineer.
- Establish an up to date data base.
- Expand professional development based on membership requests.
- Expand continuing education opportunities.
- Expand mentoring opportunities
- Formalize outreach program to engineering students. Develop a presentation that can be delivered by PSG-04 members to university and high school groups to promote the field of rehabilitation engineering.
- Update resource list for university education.
- Promote disability awareness.
- Define mentoring needs of professionals desiring to be PE's.
- Determine Manufacturing, Research and Development needs of the group, and what PSG-04 can do to support their efforts
- Develop a forum to have access to current assistive technology research in collaboration with RERC's.
Vice Chair: Sandra Meltzler, D. Sc., P.E.
Vice Chair: Dan Duley, ATP
All of the Professional Specialty Groups can connect as communities through our new, online community platform, RESNA Connect! Access RESNA Connect and join the Engineers and Technologists PSG community to take part in discussions, share resources, and collaborate with fellow community members.