- The entire application needs to be filled out completely, otherwise it will be returned to you.
- You must include a copy of your degree or a transcript with your application.
- Please scan and e-mail your complete application, including the copy of your degree or transcript and send to email@example.com.
- Do not “snail mail” a hard copy of your application. It will delay the process.
- Please note that it takes up to 5 weeks to process applications; you will receive an e-mail notification regarding your application approval.
- If not approved, you will receive an e-mail letting you know why.
Upon Application Approval
- You will receive an email that you are approved with instructions on how to access and pay your invoice.
- You may pay securely with a credit card through the RESNA website or send a check to the address on the invoice.
- Once your payment is processed, you will receive an e-mail with information on how to schedule your exam. You must pay for your exam before you will be able to schedule it.
- If you have an accommodation, you must request that accommodation in writing before you pay. Click here to see what information is required.
Scheduling Your Exam
- After your payment is processed, you will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to schedule your exam. It will include a link.
- You must click on the link in the e-mail to activate your eligibility and schedule the exam. Keep this e-mail! It is the only way to schedule your exam.
- The link will take you to our testing partner, Prometric, to schedule your exam.
- You have a 90-day window to schedule your exam. The 90 days begin when you click the link.
- Do not delay – most testing centers are already fully booked up to 60 days in advance.
- All reschedules and exam information has to be done through our testing center partner, Prometric. Keep the e-mail even after you schedule your exam. You may need the link again.
Taking the Exam
- Follow the directions from the testing center and arrive early.
- Bring a valid government-issued ID.
- You will find out right away if you passed the exam.
- If you passed the exam, the RESNA office will receive the results within one to two weeks.
- The office will e-mail your certificate. Please allow up to 3 weeks after your exam date to receive your certificate.
Retaking the Exam
- If you do not pass the exam, and would like to take it again, you must submit the retake form.
- You must wait 90 days between exam dates to take it again. There are no exceptions to this rule. You will receive your invoice to pay the fee once your 90 days are up.
- You cannot schedule your exam until you pay the fee.
If you have questions, e-mail is the best way to reach us. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond within the next business day.