RESNA, the Rehabilitation Engineering & Assistive Technology Society of North America, announced today the results of recent board elections. RESNA members voted and elected officers for the open slots of President-Elect and Secretary, and three open board positions. The results are:
- Maureen Linden, MS, is elected to fill to position of President-Elect; She has served as a board member, board secretary, and has been the chair of the Student Design Competition
- Meghan Donahue, MS, ATP, is elected as Secretary; she has served as a board member and has been a member of RESNA’s Professional and Special Interest Groups (PSGs and SIGs).
- Carmen DiGiovine, PhD, ATP/SMS, RET, is elected to the board; he has been a member of the board since August 2015 and previously served as Chair of the Professional Standards Board.
- Rita Stanley, is elected to the board; she has been a member of the board since August 2017 and previously served as a member of the Government Affairs Committee.
- Daniel Cochrane, MS, MA, ATP, is elected to the board; he previously served as Chair of the Professional Standards Board.
Leaving the board are Ray Grott, MA, ATP, RET, Immediate Past President, and board members Nathan Moon, PhD and James Lenker, PhD, OTR/L, ATP. Mary Ellen Buning, PhD, OTR/L, ATP/SMS, RESNA Fellow, will begin her two-year term as President on August 1st, while Roger O. Smith, PhD, OT, FAOTA, RESNA Fellow, becomes Immediate Past President.