Coding and Reimbursement for a Successful Seating Clinic - Parts I and II
This two-hour comprehensive course will provide in-depth information on Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and how to use these codes for wheelchair seating and mobility services. Documentation of the evaluation and treatment intervention will be presented to demonstrate provision of skilled care and justify the need for the assistive technology recommended. For those patients on Medicare, the selection of G-codes with modifiers will be reviewed.
- Describe and understand the use of CPT codes for assistive technology service provision.
- Recognize common restrictions for each of these codes including units billed per visit and combining of CPT codes.
- Describe and implement the necessary components of documentation to support skilled therapy services for reimbursement and to obtain funding approval for assistive technology.
- Demonstrate familiarity with Functional Limitation Reporting tools to determine G codes and modifiers.
- Identify how to set up a clinic to maximize revenue while providing optimal service provision.
- Describe 3 strategies to run a successful and efficient seating clinic.