ATSB Standards Manager, RESNA
SmithBucklin, an Association Management industry leader, is looking for a Standards Manager to join our Healthcare & Scientific Industry Practice in Washington, D.C. The Healthcare & Scientific unit offers unmatched association expertise and specific knowledge of the issues, challenges and actions distinctive to the changing healthcare environment. From legislative and regulatory advocacy, to building successful industry relations programs and understanding the intricacies of journal publishing and management issues, our association professionals bring extensive experience and considerable knowledge of the issues unique to healthcare-related associations. The Nonprofit Operations Supervisor plays an integral role in organizing a wide range of activities relating to general association management.
This position is responsible for the management of RESNA’s (Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America) assistive technology standards. This includes serving as the primary contact between the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and RESNA, an ANSI Accredited Standards Developer (ASD), to facilitate the national and international assistive technology standards development and maintenance activities. This position also provides support to the Assistive Technology Standards Board (ATSB) and subject matter experts on the RESNA AT Standards Committees.
- Managing the process for development and maintenance of RESNA AT standards in accordance with ANSI and RESNA standards development policies and procedures
- Serving as primary ANSI subject matter expert and contact, including maintaining archives and documentation for ANSI audits; submitting annual procedure compliance forms for national and international participation; submitting required forms for processing ANSI standards (e.g, PINS and BSR forms); and determining royalty payments
- Administering ballots for both U.S. and ISO drafts (preparing documents, establishing timelines, collecting ballots, creating vote tallies, compiling comments in voting template; distributing results; and registering ISO votes)
- Maintaining standards templates for creating working drafts of the standard
- Publishing AT Standards in coordination with RESNA Committees
- Providing regular updates for RESNA newsletters and communications with RESNA Board
- Developing procedural training materials for the ATSB
- Coordinating RESNA committee meetings with virtual meeting software, e.g., GoToMeeting, Zoom, etc., and assisting with the annual RESNA conference
- Processing new member applications and interpretation requests of the standard according to the RESNA procedures
- Maintaining current membership spreadsheet and interest category definitions for each committee and monitoring balance of interest categories
- Assisting in developing and monitoring the annual ATSB budget
- Delegating and overseeing work to administrative staff
- Responding to general standards inquiries
- 5 to 7 years of growing management experience with ANSI standards
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Project management experience; ability to multi-task and juggle competing projects
- Experience working with subject matter experts
- Quick learner; interest in technologies for people with disabilities
- Experience with ANSI audits desirable, but not required
- Experience with ISO desirable, but not required
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Teamwork
- Flexible self-starter and good team player
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people – regardless of position or compensation – an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.
How To Apply
Send resume and letter of interest to Mike Bayley at firstname.lastname@example.org.