Our mission is to define, support, and promote the roles of rehabilitation engineers, technologists and technicians in research and development, education, manufacturing, and service delivery.
- Define the roles, and publish competencies, of the rehab technologist and the rehab engineer.
- Develop a marketing plan and promote the rehabilitation technologist and rehabilitation engineer.
- Establish an up to date data base.
- Expand professional development based on membership requests.
- Expand continuing education opportunities.
- Expand mentoring opportunities
- Formalize outreach program to engineering students. Develop a presentation that can be delivered by PSG-04 members to university and high school groups to promote the field of rehabilitation engineering.
- Update resource list for university education.
- Promote disability awareness.
- Define mentoring needs of professionals desiring to be PE's.
- Determine Manufacturing, Research and Development needs of the group, and what PSG-04 can do to support their efforts
- Develop a forum to have access to current assistive technology research in collaboration with RERC's.
Chair: Seong-Hee Yoon, ATP
Vice Chair: Sandra Meltzler, D. Sc., P.E.
Vice Chair: Dan Duley, ATP