The International Special Interest Group (SIG) is a forum for RESNA members who are interested in networking, providing services, and conducting research relative to Assistive Technology outside of North America. We seek to both grow as individuals and contribute to our profession through the exchange of information and experience across borders. The International SIG encourages and facilitates collaboration on Assistive Technology projects worldwide.
Where do our members live and work?
If you want to contact a member, please e-mail RESNA.International.SIG@gmail.com for contact information.
SIG members contributed their knowledge to create this list of helpful resources (link to Google Docs spreadsheet).
- Diversability Development Organization (DDO) www.diversable.org
- International Society of Wheelchair Professionals (ISWP) http://www.wheelchairnet.org/
- Global Cooperation on Assistive Technology (GATE) http://www.who.int/phi/implementation/assistive_technology/en/
- WHO Guidelines on the provision of manual wheelchairs in less-resourced settings http://www.who.int/disabilities/publications/technology/wheelchairguidel...
- Assistive Technology Industry Association webinars https://www.atia.org/webinars/
- National Center on Accessible Educational Materials http://aem.cast.org/
- Association for the Advancement of Assistive Technology in Europe (AAATE) http://aaate.net/
- Australian Rehabilitation and Assistive Technology Association (ARATA) http://www.arata.org.au/
- Rehabilitation Engineering Society of Japan (RESJA) http://www.resja.or.jp/eng/
- Rehabilitation Engineering Society of Korea (RESKO) https://resko.jams.or.kr/co/locale.kci?lang=en_US
- Journal of Rehabilitation and Assistive Technologies Engineering http://journals.sagepub.com/home/jrt
Chair: Perry Loh
Vice Chair: Yohali Burrola-Mendez
Vice-Chair: Yih-Kuen Jan