The International Special Interest Group (SIG) is a forum for RESNA members who are interested in networking, providing services, and conducting research relative to Assistive Technology outside of North America. We seek to both grow as individuals and contribute to our profession through the exchange of information and experience across borders. The International SIG encourages and facilitates collaboration on Assistive Technology projects worldwide.
The RESNA International SIG seeks to act as incubator or supporting player for projects worldwide that contribute to Assistive Technology development and application. Here are some of the projects that we are currently supporting...
24 Hour PCM (Posture Care Management): See the statement of purpose, FAQ and resource list here.
- Committee: Chair, Tamara Kittelson-Aldred, MS, OTR/L, ATP/SMS email@example.com (English)
Co-Chairs: Silvana Contepomi, PT, firstname.lastname@example.org (Spanish, English), Lee Ann Hoffman, OT, MSc. Rehab. ATP, LeeAnn@workingwithOT.com (English, Afrikaans), Patricia Toole, OTR/L, MAT, MsOT, ATP,email@example.com (English, Spanish).
ISWP Certification: For the new International Society of Wheelchair Professionals WSP (Wheelchair Service Provider) certification see https://wheelchairnetwork.org/get-certified/
- Functional Mobility Assessment (FMA) implementation in Latin America: If you would like to contribute to the implementation of outcomes measurement in Latin America via the FMA, please contact Ana Allegretti.
If you have an appropriate candidate for SIG support please propose it to the SIG Chair.
SIG members contributed their knowledge to create this list of helpful resources (link to Google Docs spreadsheet).
- AgrAbility | www.agrability.org
- Assistive Technology Industry Association webinars | www.atia.org/webinars/
- Association for the Advancement of Assistive Technology in Europe (AAATE) | aaate.net/
- Australian Rehabilitation and Assistive Technology Association (ARATA) | www.arata.org.au/
- Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation | www.christopherreeve.org
- Diversability Development Organization (DDO) | www.diversable.org
- Global Cooperation on Assistive Technology (GATE) | www.who.int/phi/implementation/assistive_technology/en/
- International Society of Wheelchair Professionals (ISWP) | www.wheelchairnet.org/
- Journal of Rehabilitation and Assistive Technologies Engineering | journals.sagepub.com/home/jrt
- London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine | www.lshtm.ac.uk.
- National Center on Accessible Educational Materials | aem.cast.org/
- Rehabilitation Engineering Society of Japan (RESJA) | http://www.resja.or.jp/eng/
- Rehabilitation Engineering Society of Korea (RESKO) | https://resko.jams.or.kr/co/locale.kci?lang=en_US
- Toronto Rehabilitation Institute (KITE) | www.kite-uhn.com
- TREAT | www.treatcenter.org
- WHO Guidelines on the provision of manual wheelchairs in less-resourced settings | www.who.int/disabilities/publications/technology/wheelchairguidelines/en/
Chair: Perry Loh
Vice Chair: Yohali Burrola-Mendez
Vice-Chair: Yih-Kuen Jan
Vice-Chair: Stephanie Vasquez