The Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) PSG includes professionals working in VR or in collaboration with VR who have an interest in VR service delivery, including assistive technology, for people with disabilities to obtain and maintain successful employment consistent with their unique strengths, resources, priorities, concerns, abilities, capabilities, interests, and informed choice (i.e. their Great 8).
Our mission is to advance knowledge transfer within the discipline of vocational rehabilitation toward increased VR professional assistive technology service delivery competence through technical assistance, communication, training and education.
- Building expertise: train-the-trainer
- Provide a forum for discussion
- Development of educational materials
- Information dissemination
- Strategizing knowledge utilization
- Providing networking opportunities for VR professionals around assistive technology service delivery processes
- Championing evidence-based and person-centered assistive technology service provision practices.
All of the Professional Specialty Groups can connect as communities through our new, online community platform, RESNA Connect! Access RESNA Connect and join the Vocational Rehabilitation PSG community to take part in discussions, share resources, and collaborate with fellow community members.